How do I update geospatial data?
- Option One: Update data for a single specimen.
- Simply click the Locality tab in SpecimenDetail and make any necessary changes. Your updates will affect only the specimen you are editing.
- Option Two: Pick a new collecting event.
- When a suitable collecting event (dates, locality, higher geography, georeferenceing, and collecting method) exists, click the Pick New Coll Event tab, find an appropriate collecting event, and save.
- Option Three: Update the locality.
- First, click the Locality tab under SpecimenDetail, then click the Edit Locality link (or, find a locality under Localities). You are potentially changing localities for multiple specimens in multiple collections. Be sure you know what you are doing! Edit the locality as appropriate and save.
- Option Four: Move the collecting event to a new locality.
- From SpecimenDetail, click the Locality tab. Then click Edit Locality. Then click Collecting Events to see a list of all events under that locality. Locate the one you wish to move, and click on the "Coll Evnt Id" link. Click the Change Locality For This Collecting Event button. You are potentially changing localities for multiple specimens in multiple collections. Be sure you know what you are doing!